The VT4.0 is Oceanic’s most advanced computer to date – at the same time, it is undeniably the most intuitive, easiest to use product we’ve ever produced.
Scubagearreports.com is the “consumer reports of scuba diving equipment”. The team there is headed by John Brumm, Bill Kendig and Jeff Lovin, all formerly involved with the ScubaLab group. They also offer Equipment Testing Services (ETS), an independent service that provides in-depth product evaluation that assists us with product qualification. Oceanic used ETS to create a report on its newest product, the VT4.0.
The ETS evaluation team was so impressed with how easy the VT4.0 is to program and use that their test divers found that the Quick Start Guides that we provided to them was actually more complicated than the product. This is not an indictment of the VT4.0′s QSR; rather, it’s a testament to the really impressive ease of use of this amazing PDC.
The report goes on to elaborate on the simple menus and easy to view screens with the key conclusion that, “The VT 4.0 was considered by all test divers to be one of the easiest and most intuitive dive computers they have ever used.”
The VT4.0, capitalizing on our 25 years of experience and personal dive computer technology, takes things to the next level. Remember, the VT4.0 is wireless and delivers advanced features and incredible flexibility – sophisticated technology and user benefits not available with any other product on the market today. The VT4.0 takes yet another step forward in continuing a reputation of ruggedness and reliability while making advancements in PDC usability. Out-of-the-box ready for your customers today and more than ready to support them with advanced features and customization as their experience and interests evolve in the future.
ETS had many wonderful things to say about the VT4.0, but at the end of the day – the only thing that really matters is the following quote:
“After all tests were completed test divers were asked if they would buy the VT4.0. This is the first product evaluated by ETS where 100 percent of the members of the test team liked the product well enough to state that they’d like to own it. A number of test divers went so far as to say that the VT 4.0 changed their opinions about dive computers, and they could see how using the VT4.0 could change, for the better, their entire approach to diving.”
Recently the VT4.0 was taken to Grand Cayman for internal testing. While there, the VT4.0 found itself in the hands of Calvin Tang, publisher of AtlasOmega, an online adventure travel and product review site. If you aren’t convinced that the VT4.0 is the product to “save” your 2011 sales goals, you WILL after you read this review: http://www.atlasomega.com/2011/05/oceanic-vt4-dive-computer-review/
Here are some higlighted feature to get excited about:
- Powered by Oceanic’s Exclusive Dual Algorithm allowing you to choose the decompression algorithm that best suits your diving needs without compromising safety
- Deep Stop with Countdown Timer
- Switch between up to 4 independent wireless transmitters, tracking multiple Nitrox mixes and/or buddy’s tank pressure with Buddy Pressure Check
- 3-Axis Digital Compass with Full Tilt Compensation
- Improved user-interface with Step Back allows for easy settings preview and for settings to be changed while viewing the menus
- Customize your dive mode display with multiple data options
- Confirm common pre-dive settings – defined by the user
- Access custom Shortcut; your choice of display, setting or function
- User Replaceable Battery with Data Retention
- Firmware Update Ready